In this World of Warcraft guide everything revolves around Shadowlands Mining and how to level it.
Table of Contents
Pickings Ores in Shadowlands
You can learn Shadowlands Mining with a Level 50 character or higher from this trainer in Oribos:
- Excavationist Au’fer – Oribos, Hall of Shapes (40.4, 32.2)
If you can’t find your trainer directly, you can also ask a city guard.
With the introduction of Battle for Azeroth, it is no longer necessary to skill the profession beyond past expansions. Simply visit your faction’s teacher, learn Shadowland Mining, and you can immediately start mining ores from the current expansion.
New Ores and Stones in Shadowlands
In the Shadowlands you can get the following reagents by mining:
- Verdunkelter Stein and Poröser Stein are by-products of picking ores.
- Zwielichtborke can only be yielded when picking Phaedrum Ore in Ardenweald
Shadowlands Mining: 1-150
Basically, the leveling process for this profession in Shadowlands is very simple: you learn the profession and go out into the world to knock ore. There are no ranks for ore deposits like in Battle for Azeroth, the higher the skill of the profession, the more ores there are. So don’t be put off by the low yield in the beginning. It will be more lucrative!
The clear allocation of (most) ores to their respective zones makes it relatively easy to farm specifically for a certain type of ore. It should be said that Bastion and Ardenweald are much easier to farm than Maldraxxus and especially Revendreth. Perhaps this will also be reflected in the price of ore.
If you are looking for Elethium Ore, you should go to the Maw, only there you can find reliable Elethium deposits (as of 11.11.20). In the four areas these occurrences are rather rare. Mining of other ores has sometimes brought to light some Elethium Ore (additionally).
The Journal for Shadowlands Mining is called Miner’s Journal.
Tips for more efficient gathering
- For faster ore gathering you can use the enchantment Shadowlands Gathering on your Gloves. This enchantment gathers (for the first time) all farming professions at the same time and reduces the time it takes to harvest.
- With the item Spitzhacke in your inventory (among others sold by distributor Au’til – he’s on the left side of the mining teacher) you automatically have mining +10, which used to mean a higher yield when mining ores.