In this World of Warcraft guide everything revolves around Burning Crusade Classic Tailoring and how to level it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Outland Tailoring Trainer
- 2 Humanoid Cloth Drops Level
- 3 Tailoring: 1-300
- 4 Tailoring: 300-375
- 5 Specialization-Quests
- 6 Useful Patterns
This guide may undergo changes after the release of Burning Crusade Classic.
It may also contain information that is not viable until a certain Phase of the AddOn.
Outland Tailoring Trainer
Burning Crusade Classic Tailoring can be learned from the following trainers:
- Hama – Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula [54.6, 63.7]
- Dalinna – Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula [56.6, 37.1]
The Specialization trainers are in Shattrath’s Lower City.
Next to them is also a Mana Loom, that will be necessary to create their unique cloth.
- Mooncloth trainer: Nasmara Moonsong
- Netherweave trainer: Andrion Darkspinner
- Spellfire trainer: Gidge Spellweaver
Humanoid Cloth Drops Level
- Linen Cloth: 1-16
- Wool Cloth: 16-29
- Silk Cloth: 28-40
- Mageweave Cloth: 40-52
- Runecloth: 52-60
- Netherweave Cloth: 58-70+
If you are not at 300 yet, take a look at our Classic Tailoring Guide.
The following list of materials is only a rough guide to get an overview of the quantitative dimensions of reagents needed to skill at maximum level! Depending on your luck or bad luck with the yellow/green recipes you might need more or less materials.
- 30 Rune Thread
Depending on your choice from 360-375
- 960x Netherweave Cloth
- 320x Arcane Dust
- 40x Rune Thread
- 1560x Netherweave Cloth
- 160x Arcane Dus
- 20x Netherweb Spider Silk
- 30x Rune Thread
If you don’t have that pattern you can craft Imbued Netherweave Tunic. The Pattern: Imbued Netherweave Tunic is available for purchase from Arrond in Shadowmoon Valley, but you need to be Neutral with the Scryers.
You can craft those Tunics until 375, but its very expensive, so I don’t recommend it.
Keep in mind that the Arcanoweave Boots recipe is yellow from 370 on so you have to be lucky to get to 375 with 20 crafts or 10/10 crafts for option 2.
Or the more expensive option:
10x Imbued Netherweave Tunic
60 Bolt of Imbued Netherweave (180 Bolts/1080 Cloth), 20 Netherweb Spider Silk, 10 Rune Thread
10x Arcanoweave Boots
80 Bolt of Netherweave (480 Cloth), 160 Arcane Dust, 20 Rune Thread
The recipe turns yellow at 370, so you may have to craft some more of these.
Once at a Tailoring skill level of 350, you can head to Shattrath’s Lower City and begin your Specialization quest.
When you are specialized, you will get one Primal Mooncloth, Shadowcloth, Spellcloth more per craft and you are able to craft unique sets with powerful bonuses. Choose your spezialisation based on what armor you want to wear or what cloth you want to sell!
Pick up Becoming a Mooncloth Tailor from Nasmara Moonsong in Lower City, Shattrath.
She wants you to bring a Sample of Primal Mooncloth to Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh in order to Imbue it in their Moonwell. When finished, return to Shattrath and learn Mooncloth Tailoring.
In addition to proccing an extra Primal Mooncloth when you craft, you’ll also be able to make the Primal Mooncloth Armor Set, which offers 5% mana regeneration during casting while wearing all 3 pieces.
Pick up Becoming a Shadoweave Tailor from Andrion Darkspinner in Lower City, Shattrath. Bring his gem to the southeastern edge of Shadowmoon Valley, on the cliff before Netherwing Ledge. Use it on the Altar of Shadows. When finished, return to Shattrath and learn Shadoweave Tailoring.
You can now craft Shadowcloth. Specializing in Netherweave also means you’re able to craft the Frozen Shadoweave armor set, which offers 2% healing from the damage caused by Frost or Shadow spells while wearing all 3 pieces.
Pick up Becoming a Spellfire Tailor from Gidge Spellweaver in Lower City, Shattrath. Bring the Nether-wraith Beacon out to Netherstorm, where it will summon a Furious Nether-wraith that will drop a Nether-wraith Essence. Kill the wraith and return to Shattrath to learn Spellfire Tailoring.
You can now craft Spellcloth and get proccs and it will also allow you to craft the Spellfire armor set, which increases spell damage by 7% of your Intellect.
Netherweb Spider Silk
Netherweb Spider Silk is an important material in crafting your Specialization armor sets. You can get Netherweb from Dreadfang Lurker in Terokkar Forest. Farming them is not very difficult. Another source is Blackfang Tarantula in The Black Morass instance with a higher drop chance of Netherweb. You need to have a party to clear the trash in the dungeon though.
Spellfire (sold by Gidge Spellweaver in Shattrath’s Lower City)
Netherweave (sold by Andrion Darkspinner in Shattrath’s Lower City)
- Pattern: Shadowcloth
- Pattern: Frozen Shadoweave Shoulders
- Pattern: Frozen Shadoweave Boots
- Pattern: Frozen Shadoweave Robe
Mooncloth (sold by Nasmara Moonsong in Shattrath’s Lower City)
- Pattern: Primal Mooncloth
- Pattern: Primal Mooncloth Belt
- Pattern: Primal Mooncloth Shoulders
- Pattern: Primal Mooncloth Robe
The Aldor – Quartermaster Endarin in Aldor’s Rise, Shattrath
- Friendly: Pattern: Flameheart Bracers
- Honored: Pattern: Flameheart Gloves and Pattern: Silver Spellthread
- Exalted: Pattern: Golden Spellthread and Pattern: Flameheart Vest
The Scyers – Quartermaster Enuril in Scryer’s Tier, Shattrath
Ashtongue Deathsworn – Okuno in Black Temple
- Friendly: Pattern: Soulguard Bracers, Pattern: Soulguard Girdle
- Honored: Pattern: Soulguard Leggings, Pattern: Soulguard Slippers, Pattern: Night’s End
- Honored: Pattern: Bag of Jewels
Lower City – Nakodu in Lower City, Shattrath
- Honored: Pattern: Cloak of Arcane Evasion
Sporeggar – Mycah in Sporeggar, Zangarmarsh
- Revered: Pattern: Mycah’s Botanical Bag
Rare drops from trash mobs in Sunwell Plateau
- Pattern: Sunfire Handwraps
- Pattern: Sunfire Robe
- Pattern: Hands of Eternal Light
- Pattern: Robe of Eternal Light
Rare drops from trash mobs in Black Temple
- Pattern: Bracers of Nimble Thought
- Pattern: Mantle of Nimble Thought
- Pattern: Swiftheal Wraps
- Pattern: Swiftheal Mantle
- Pattern: Soulcloth Shoulders – drop chance from Phantom Attendant
- Pattern: Soulcloth Vest – drop chance from Phantom Valet
Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep
- Pattern: Belt of the Long Road
- Pattern: Boots of the Long Road
- Pattern: Boots of Blasting
- Pattern: Belt of Blasting
- The Arcatraz: Pattern: Whitemend Pants – drop chance from Dalliah the Doomsayer
- Shadow Labyrinth: Pattern: Spellstrike Pants – drop chance from Murmur
- Shattered Halls: Pattern: Spellstrike Hood – drop chance from Grand Warlock Nethekurse
- The Botanica: Pattern: Battlecast Pants – drop chance from Thorngrin the Tender
- The Botanica: Pattern: Whitemend Hood – drop chance from Warp Splinter
- The Steamvault: Pattern: Battlecast Hood – drop chance from Warlord Kalithresh